with David Mamet. Speechless.
I’ve been there and back again – to Florida and back, that is, where I celebrated my father’s birthday. While I was gone Leviathan finished its introductory sale and Vacui Magia was featured by Bookbub, all of which made for a week that went by far too fast. The only downside was the last night, when I had my first encounter with the terribly-named noseeum (seriously, can you imagine using such a name in a story) and apparently I’ll have the joy of their lingering nibbles for another week or so. Send aloe vera, please.
Other things that happened this past week or so:
- Marie Blanchet reviewed Leviathan and I squeed for ages. 😀
- I was interviewed by the delightful hosts of Dissecting Dragons, for which I was incredibly nervous AND just wanting to listen to Jules and Madeleine chat, their chemistry is so very good. It was also remarkable as it’s the first time I’ve uttered a word about my novel project in public, so yeah, there’s that. Describing WIPs aloud always makes them both smaller and much more real. Eep.
(The novel project, that is, not the standalone that I’ve been toying with for about a decade or so. Ahem. Because it’s important to clarify which massive unfinished WIP I’m referring to.)
- “Properties of Obligate Pearls” went live on Podcastle, and wow, I can still feel that one.
- I will be at Worldcon 76 in San Jose! My books will be for sale at the Broad Universe table, and I’ll be manning it for part of the weekend, so stay tuned for that schedule.
- Not specifically my writing, but it feels important to tell you all that while I was away I started back down the rabbit hole of Lois McMaster Bujold, so between that re-read, my own projects, and some much-needed freelance work, I’m anticipating a very quiet July ’round these parts.